Easy 0.8.6 – 0.9 improvements
Easy becomes more than handy tool. Building the website with Easy has many advantages.
One of them is the lack PHP errors while you building the website. Easy won’t show any error, there are no errors. Yes some bricks might produce unexpected result if you don’t know how to use it. But it will not ruin your website as the wrong coding can. In the worst scenario it just won’t receive what you want, that’s all.
Plus the ability to drag the content from place to place is just so comfortable.
Last improvements are:
- Author VIEW brick – shows the author or his/her name, url, …
- Taxonomy – CONTROL – a taxonomy (category) filter. Lets you loop through posts only when they have or have not this or that term under defined taxonomy.
- Taxonomy matcher – CONTROL – it gets terms from the main post/page and adjusts the Easy widget query according to it. You can show post on the side that are in the same category as the actual post ..or something like that.
- Meta – CONTROL – a custom meta filter. Lets you loop through posts only when they have or have not this or that custom field.
- Sidebar – VIEW – shows sidebar within sidebar :O . Grate if you would like to use the Easy control logic for widgets that have no controls of that kind.. about 99.99% ;)
Say you build the site by the Easy widgets and you want to use other widgets controlled by the same logic, but none of the widgets actually have anything like that. What can you do?
Well you can define a “dummy” sidebar put there what ever widgets you want and show it based on the Logic you build within the Easy Control panel. You can even mingle the sidebar(s) within the View .. like show a title of the post, then sidebar , then content etc.
(DO NOT include a sidebar within it self! If you do so, you create unclosed loop that will loop for ever :”)